A cloud-based CRM is a CRM system hosted in the cloud, which allows for accessing data from anywhere (any place & any device with internet access). Also, colleagues irrespective of department (or from any business unit) can work with the same data simultaneously. Cloud CRM software enables you to work remotely with high efficiency.
BENEFITS OF USING CLOUD CRM SOFTWARE
Cloud-based CRM systems deliver automated business processes to manage the complete customer journey – from lead nurturing to opportunity management, and continued account maintenance. Best-in-class cloud CRM solutions enable users to connect the dots between marketing, sales and customer service, allowing companies to efficiently manage customer interactions throughout the entire customer journey.
NO NEED TO DEPLOY SERVERS
Unlike on-site applications that are hosted on the in-house servers of the company, the actual database of cloud CRM solution is hosted remotely which means you don’t have to buy costly hardware or hire extra staff – all you need is a steady internet connection and a web-browser.
REDUCTION OF OPERATIONAL COSTS
Cloud CRM systems require significantly less involvement of IT staff enabling business owners to spend less money on IT infrastructure maintenance. The responsibility for the health of a CRM in cloud lies on the software vendor, whose obligation is to provide all the necessary updates in time, fix the bugs in case they appear, in a word, to make amendments ensuring smooth software operation.
The flexibility of CRM in cloud makes the software available whenever you need it. Moreover, you can also have access to cloud CRM software from any device: advanced cloud-based CRM systems have mobile apps for Android, iOS and Windows Phone. They fully synchronize with desktop version of the system to drive productivity without being tied up to your laptop or PC.
If a CRM is deployed on cloud, there is an ability to monitor the system operation online and immediately react in case any problems appear.
HIGH LEVEL OF SECURITY
The best cloud CRM applications provide you the ability to safely store valuable information on the remote datacenter. The chance of unauthorized access is eliminated thanks to the superior level of security. Host servers of CRM in cloud apply additional security measures and cutting-edge technology to monitor the safety of your data. Moreover, all the data stored in cloud is backed up regularly, thus decreasing the accidental loss of data due to some technical issues. The CRM vendor takes the majority of the risks for data security and safety.
Cloud CRM solutions provide the ability to virtually instantly scale up or down depending on the specific needs of the company, which allows buyer to pay only for the resources used at a particular time. Functionality of software products is now so wide that complex usage of the software can lead to the waste of time for unnecessary processes.
Cloud CRM features
Some CRM platforms come with long lists of useful features, while others offer a smaller selection. Below are some of the most key cloud CRM features for maximizing productivity and getting the most out of your software:
- Contact management system: Store and organize valuable client and customer information and contact details. The more sophisticated platforms will also allow users to track communications linked to your contacts, schedule appointments and meetings, and handle document management.
- Sales dashboard: A visual one-stop view of real-time sales data. View KPIs, track goals, and measure performance against past numbers to stay on top of targets.
- Mobile access: Use the cloud to take business on the go. Mobile CRM allows users to access and store data on any mobile device, even in areas with spotty or nonexistent mobile service.
- Data back-up: Frequent back-ups ensure that your customer data is always safe and accessible, even if something unfortunate happens to your hardware.
- Sales pipeline software: Track leads through your pipeline, creating a step-by-step process for converting leaders into customers, managing sales activities, and keeping up with quotas.
- Integrations: Connect with other popular business apps like Gmail, Outlook, and WordPress, so you don’t have to switch between browsers when using other platforms.
The best CRM software
Zoho CRM for scaling a business
Salesforce Sales Cloud for customizability
Bitrix24 for multi-channel communication
Pipedrive for being easy-to-use
Ontraport for automating online transactions
Nimble for customer prospecting
Nutshell for managing a sales team
Apptivo for business management
Close for inside sales teams
NetHunt CRM for Gmail power users